Our people at work
Our people matter to us and we have put a series of safety measures in place to ensure our employees feel safe and protected. This includes:
- Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available for all our operational colleagues working in our warehouse and samples department. As well as introducing hand sanitising stations, we have reduced the number of employees on site at one given time with a split-shift rota system in place to ensure safe social distancing wherever possible.
- Thermal temperature screening will be in place at both our sites for employees to use upon arrival to work. If any employee has a temperature above 38 degrees, they will have to return home and adhere to the government 14 day quarantine period.
- Working from home has been in place for most of our office staff and representatives on the road since lockdown and it has been a huge success with virtual meetings conducted with teams, customers and suppliers. Looking ahead, we will only start to allow a limited number of employees to return to the office at one time to ensure good social distancing between colleagues.
- Our retail business managers and commercial specification managers have PPE available for when it is safe for them to return on the road and visit our partners.
- We have invested in additional cleaning teams active during our site working hours, throughout our showroom, offices and warehouse including regularly disinfecting high touch points such as door handles.
- Office layouts have been changed to allow good ventilation, display social distancing markers and enforce one-way systems. All office equipment including laptops, keyboards and chairs will be thoroughly cleaned at the start and end of each day. This includes having protective screens in place around many workstations.
- Good hygiene reminders are in place throughout our showroom, offices and warehouse with antibacterial hand gel and wipes readily available at dedicated stations.
- All meetings with external suppliers and customers will continue to be conducted via Microsoft Teams unless business critical.
- Read our full Business Risk Assessment.