When it comes to choosing building materials for a commercial project, sustainability is key. How are our products sustainable?
- All Karndean flooring products are manufactured in factories certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management and ISO 9001 Quality Management International Standards.
- All our manufacturing waste is recycled in a closed loop process at source
- The manufacturing process for the polymer in our LVT has a much lower energy requirement than that of other plastics
- All our packaging is made using recycled material, which we continually review to ensure that it is environmentally friendly and fit for purpose
- We use individual logistical solutions to efficiently and effectively transport our products
- Our storage facilities use high density racking to maximise capacity and minimise impact
- Our offices are introducing innovative energy saving techniques
Luxury Vinyl Tiles Perform Well
A life cycle assessment (LCA) is a mechanism for evaluating the environmental impact of both products and processes. By understanding the impacts of different parts of a product's life cycle we can target specific areas to reduce their effect on the environment. You can use LCA to compare products on a like for like basis as a standard set of criteria are used, that include:
- Indoor air quality
- Human health
- Water intake
- Ozone pollution
- Fossil fuel depletion
Luxury Vinyl Tiles perform relatively well against other forms of floor coverings due to their low impact on the environment. Learn more by reading our full Environmental Product Declaration.