At Karndean Designflooring, our mission is to provide the best quality luxury vinyl planks and tiles with the lowest possible impact on the environment.
Environmentally Responsible Manufacturing
- Products are manufactured in factories certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard and ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- The key raw material in our product (PVC) is salt - a truly sustainable resource
- Our products' wear layers use high-quality 100% virgin PVC, with recycled PVC as part of the remaining layers
- More than 200k lbs. of pre-consumer cutting waste is recycled each year
- Our products are based on vinyl (PVC), the same trusted material used in medical equipment
- All of our products are free from the addition of heavy metals, BPA (bisphenol A), formaldehyde and phthalates
- None of our products contain raw materials that are reprotoxic, endocrine disrupting or carcinogenic; our products comply with California's Proposition 65 and do not require warning labels
- Our planks and tiles contribute to improved indoor air quality, carrying a low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) FloorScore® Indoor Air Quality certification, meeting Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Credit 4.3 and CAL 01350
- All of our adhesives are solvent-free and have low VOC emissions
- Our products qualify for LEED v4 points in the USA
Our continued product innovation focuses on reducing our environmental impact and complying with environmental legislation and recognized certifications worldwide. Our aim is to remain the leading supplier of LVT flooring and to have a market-leading environmental record of achievement through the development of sustainable products and processes.
Read more about our global initiatives in our Environmental Statement brochure.