- Sweep your floors to remove grit or dirt.
- Cleaning with a pH neutral, fragrance-free vinyl flooring cleaner (such as Karndean Clean) will keep your floor looking its best.
- Mop spills as soon as possible, using Karndean Clean or another pH-neutral and fragrance free cleaner approved for use with vinyl floors.
- Avoid using regular household cleaners and bleach-based detergents, as these can make the floor slippery and can cause discoloration.
- Use load-bearing castors to protect against indentation from heavy furniture.
- Apply protective pads to the bottoms of furniture that directly touches the floor (chair legs, tables, etc.).
- Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items across the floor.
- Place mats by doorways to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked indoors. Ensure your mats are non-rubber backed to prevent discoloration.
- As with any flooring, furniture and shoe soles rubbing on your floor can cause unsightly scruff marks. A simple solution is to use a tennis ball or a cleaning eraser sponge to lightly buff away the scuff mark.
- You may wish to apply Karndean Remove and Refresh to your floor once or twice a year to restore its finish.
Designflooring Made Easy
As Seen On TV
1100 Pontiac Court
Bushy Run Corporate Park
Dallas Fort Worth Showroom
14201 Sovereign Road
Las Vegas Showroom
4230 North 5th Street
North Las Vegas, NV 89030