Cleaning and Maintaining Your Karndean Floor
|A regular sweep and mop with Karndean Clean or other pH neutral, fragrance free cleaner approved for use with vinyl floors is all you need to keep your Karndean floor looking its best. When used properly, routine maintenance with Karndean Clean will safely kill and remove germs (just as washing your hands with soap and water does), effectively killing Coronavirus COVID-19 on the floor’s surface.|
Cleaning After Installation
- Wait until adhesive fully cures before mopping or moving furniture back into the room. Consult your retailer for the specific adhesive used and the curing time.
Routine Cleaning Tips
- Sweep your floors to remove grit or dirt.
- Cleaning with a pH neutral, fragrance-free vinyl flooring cleaner (such as Karndean Clean) will keep your floor looking its best.
- Mop spills as soon as possible, using Karndean Clean or another pH-neutral and fragrance free cleaner approved for use with vinyl floors.
- Avoid using regular household cleaners and bleach-based detergents, as these can make the floor slippery and can cause discoloration.
- Use load-bearing castors to protect against indentation from heavy furniture.
- Apply protective pads to the bottoms of furniture that directly touches the floor (chair legs, tables, etc.).
- Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items across the floor.
- Place mats by doorways to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked indoors. Ensure your mats are non-rubber backed to prevent discoloration.
For further help and advice, refer to our Cleaning and Maintenance hints and tips or contact our Technical Team, available Monday - Friday from 8am - 8pm ET at 866-819-6825.