HOW DOES IT WORK?
OFFICAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Eligibility: Karndean’s YourStory Competition ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the United States (residents of Puerto Rico not included) who (a) are individuals at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and (b) own flooring previously installed by Karndean (as evidenced by a photograph accompanying the submission and confirmed by corporate records). Employees of Karndean and its subsidiaries and affiliates and related persons are restricted from participation. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) and Karndean's decisions, which are final and binding in relation to all matters concerning the Contest. Winning the Prize is contingent upon the fulfillment of all rules and conditions of the Contest. No purchase from Karndean is necessary to enter or win the Contest.
2. Sponsor: Karndean International (USA), LLC, 1100 Pontiac Court, Bushy Run Corporate Park, Export, Pennsylvania 15632 (“Karndean” or “Company”).
3. Timing: The Contest begins on November 30, 2016 at 12:01 AM CST and ends at 11:59 PM CST on December 8, 2016 ("Contest Period").
4. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, participants may enter by completing and submitting the following online form: http://www.karndean.com/en/floors/inspiration/your-story/tell-us-your-story. One entry per household during the Contest Period. Entries that are forged, altered, incomplete, incoherent, or generated with the intent to subvert the entry process will not be accepted and are void. Karndean reserves the right to disqualify entries in its discretion. All participants acknowledge and agree that the Company has an unrestricted license to publish and promote the details of the Contest and any entry/submission as the Company may determine and without compensation.
5. Winning Entrant: The winning entrant must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. The winner will be selected by an independent judge (showroom visitor) following the expiration of the Contest Period. The criterion to win is based upon the impact of the story submitted on the independent judge of the Contest. The independent judge of the Contest will exercise subjective discretion to determine the winner of the Contest. No objective criterion will be employed.
6. Prize. The winner of the Contest will receive an Amazon gift voucher in the amount of U.S. $624 ("Prize"). No alternative prize is available. The Prize is neither transferable nor exchangeable in full or in part. The recipient of the Prize is responsible for satisfying any and all reporting requirements of the Internal Revenue Service of the United States of America.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by telephone or email, at Karndean’s discretion, within 7 days after the end of the Contest Period. The Prize must be claimed within 7 days after the winner is notified. If the winner does not claim the Prize within 7 days after the winner is notified, an alternate entrant may be selected to be the winner. The winner acknowledges and agrees that Karndean may publish and promote the winner’s name, photos of the winner and the winner’s home, and the winner’s entry on any social media site, including blogs and websites, without compensation for the benefit of Karndean. Karndean reserves the right to interview the winner and publish the interview for Karndean's promotional use without further consideration paid to the winner. If the winner is found to be ineligible or if the winner does not comply with the Official Rules, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by the independent judge at the direction of the Company.
8. Verification/Odds: The award of the Prize is subject to verification of eligibility by the Company and compliance with these Official Rules. The winner of the Prize is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if applicable, associated with the receipt of the Prize. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading, or otherwise transferring the Prize.
9. General Conditions: Karndean reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failure, or factor beyond Karndean's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper function of the Contest (as determined by Karndean in its discretion). Karndean reserves the right to disqualify any individual or entrant suspected to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Karndean reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Karndean's failure to enforce any term or condition of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any term or condition. Participation in the Contest is a privilege and not a right.
10. Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants and Karndean in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR ASSERTING ANY CLAIM SHALL BE A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR FROM THE END OF THE CONTEST PERIOD. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, NOT TO EXCEED U.S. $500, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED U.S. $500; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
11. Miscellaneous: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Official Rules. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the Prize is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Karndean's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference only and will not be deemed to affect the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
12. Information of Winner: Information of the winner will be maintained for four years from the end of the Contest Period by Karndean and shall be available for review by mailing a stamped, self-addressed envelope marked “December 2016 YourStory Competition” to Karndean International (USA), LLC, 1100 Pontiac Court, Bushy Run Corporate Park, Export, Pennsylvania 15632.
Promoter: Karndean International (USA), LLC, 1100 Pontiac Court, Bushy Run Corporate Park, Export, PA 15632