All Karndean Designflooring products have wear layers using high-quality 100% virgin PVC, a material that has been clinically shown to not promote bacterial growth. Additionally, all Karndean floors benefit from our K-Guard+® surface protection system. Using PU technology, K-Guard+® provides a hygienic and durable finish that will protect your floors for years to come.
A regular sweep and mop with Karndean Clean or other pH neutral, fragrance free cleaner approved for use with vinyl floors is all you need to keep your Karndean floor looking its best. When used properly, routine maintenance with Karndean Clean will safely kill and remove germs (just as washing your hands with soap and water does), effectively killing Coronavirus COVID-19 on the floor’s surface.
Cleaning after installation
- Remove all loose debris from the floor using a vacuum, brush or dust mop (if using a vacuum, please check the manufacturer's guidelines to make sure it's suitable for Karndean).
- Ensure that all dry adhesive is removed from the surface.
- Damp mop with a pH neutral detergent (we recommend our Karndean Clean) or if machine cleaning (no greater than 175rpm) use a 3M red pad (or equivalent) or scrubber dryer to clean the floor.
The commercial cleaning and maintenance regime is simple and can be carried out by hand or using mechanical cleaning apparatus.
- Vacuum, sweep or mop to remove all dust and loose debris (if using a vacuum, please check the manufacturer's guidelines to make sure it's suitable for Karndean).
- Damp mop with a neutral detergent or if machine cleaning (no greater than 175rpm) use a 3M red pad (or equivalent) or scrubber dryer to clean the floor.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by spot cleaning with concentrated neutral detergent and a 3M red pad (or equivalent).
- Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items of furniture, carousels and point of sale across the floor.
- It is important when designing and installation that the appropriate entrance matting systems are used. Most manufacturers recommend a total of six paces, though this of course is dependant on the application and the space available. At the very least we recommend a non-rubber back matting such as Turtle Mats.
- Mop up spillages quickly to prevent stains.