Who is Karndean Designflooring?
Put simply, we are the leading manufacturer of luxury vinyl flooring. To find out more about Karndean and our exceptional products, visit our company page.
What is Karndean made of?
Karndean is a vinyl flooring product structured with five layers: two PVC backing layers, one high definition photographic layer, one clear PVC embossed wear layer and a top polyurethane (PU) protective coating, K-Guard+. All Karndean floors benefit from our K-Guard+ surface protection system. Using PU technology, K-Guard+ provides a hygienic and durable finish that will protect your floor for years to come. For more detailed information, you can view our Environmental Product Declaration here.
What is the difference between each of the Karndean ranges?
Besides having different design inspirations, sizes and formats which make each range unique, our product ranges also have a different wear layer. The thicker the wear layer the more durable the floor, but also the more our product designers can do with the finish – adding unique embosses for more texture and beveled edges. For more information on our ranges, visit our range overview.
What is the difference between a metallic strip, feature strip and a design strip?
There are several main differences between Karndean strips:
- Metallic strip – these can be used in standard borders and features, and come in sizes of 3mm, 5mm, 10mm, 30mm and 76m
- Feature strip – available in six colors, these 5mm wide plastic strips are usually used on tile floors to give the natural effect of grout lines or to complement wood planks
- Design strips – these are strips cut from another tile or wood plank. They come in 3mm, 5mm, 10mm, 30mm and 76mm.
Added between tiles and wood planks, strips can give the impression of grouting for a natural effect, and a contemporary look and feel to your home.
For more information please visit our design inspiration page.
What are decorative, tramline and keyline borders?
- Decorative border – a patterned border designed to complement tile and wood plank floors. Karndean has selected an assortment of decorative border options to accompany all of our ranges
- Tramline border – a simple and affordable way of creating decorative edging. They can be used in combination with feature strips, metallic strips and design strips for a range of effects
- Keyline border – single strips that can be added to the edge of your floor. Keyline borders are available in 3mm, 5mm, 10mm, 30mm and 76mm and can be used with metallic and design strips
What is K-Wave friction grip backing?
- K-Wave is our unique friction grip backing that holds the product in place. It creates a strong bond to the subfloor using a combination of weight and friction.
Any other questions?
If you need more information about any aspect of Karndean Designflooring, please contact us at 1-888-266-4343 or contact us with your query and we’ll be happy to help.