With the new year unfolding, it’s time to turn our attention towards upcoming interior trends and industry announcements. Recently, Pantone unveiled its 2020 Colour of the Year, Classic Blue; a timeless shade which instills calm, confidence and connection. Its blue hue highlights a human’s desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.
Experts at Pantone refer to this shade as “a timeless and enduring blue hue elegant in its simplicity” and we couldn’t agree more. Classic Blue is suggestive of the sky at dusk and offers the promise of protection, which is something many of us need going into a new decade. Don’t you agree?
It comes as no surprise that this announcement will become a source of inspiration for many home decorators and interior designers across the globe, especially for those who don’t usually opt for a blue shade. For many of us, we see our homes as a place of peace, and Classic Blue has given us another way in which we can achieve this through our interiors.
Above images sourced: Pinterest
How to add shades of blue in your home
There are many ways to incorporate blue, for example:
- Introduce pops and splashes with cushions, throws.
- Find artwork or photo frames in your ideal shade, or why not mix different shades of blue and create a gallery wall?
- Create a feature wall in your living room or master bedroom; geometrics, shapes and florals are the perfect options to start with as they help make a room stand out
- Look to your lighting. Light up your space with industrial lights and blue shades.
- Although we don’t like to cover up a beautiful floor, we know rugs and runners can also be considered to add different textures.
When pairing Classic Blue with your flooring choice, we suggest that you look to colours with slightly cool undertones, like Grey Limed Oak and Portland Stone . However, if your style leans more towards the warmer side, take a look at our Brushed Oak and Jatoba.
We’d personally like to congratulate Pantone on this beautiful colour choice, we're a big fan. If you're planning on adding blue to your home decor, be sure to tag @karndean_anz on Instagram as we’d love to share!
Finally, if you’re looking for flooring ideas but unsure where to start? We’ve updated our interactive room viewer, Floorstyle, to include a revolutionary function which provides greater flexibility when choosing your new floor design. The ‘view in room’ digital tool not only lets you see our wide range of vinyl flooring in typical room settings, but you can now upload your own photo and visualise what a new floor might look like in your own home. Explore in your home now.