In order to keep our environment protected we do everything we can to continuously improve our manufacturing processes to ensure sustainability whilst delivering the best value. We have always aimed to make stylish and durable floors with the lowest possible impact on the environment, and have never had to compromise quality or performance in order to comply with legislation or meet environmental requirements. Read more about our global initiatives in our Environmental Statement brochure.
Environmentally Responsible Manufacturing
All Karndean Designflooring is manufactured in compliance with international standards on environment and quality management. Our approach is based on the use of recycled materials in our floor coverings and ensuring that the finished product is suitable for recycling if required.
- Products are manufactured in factories certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard and ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- The key raw material in our product (PVC) is salt - a truly sustainable resource
- Our products' wear layers use high-quality 100% virgin PVC, with recycled PVC as part of the remaining layers.
GreenStar GreenTag™ Certified
The Karndean Designflooring ranges are fully certified to Global GreenTag™. Based on environmentally verified manufacturing and the life cycle approach, the GreenTag™ certification means that Karndean products comply with the following environmentally critical areas:
- Indoor Environmental Air Quality
- Reduction of Energy and Greenhouse Gasses
- Life Cycle Sustainability and Lifetime Residential Warranties
- Recycled Content and 100% Recyclable Products
- GreenStar Rating for Building Professionals
See our GreenTag GreenRate and LCARate here.
Green Building Council Australia & Green Building Council New Zealand
Karndean Designflooring is a member of the Green Building Council Australia (GBCA) and Green Building Council New Zealand (NZGBC). All Karndean products and accessories are manufactured in facilities certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management and ISO 9001 Quality Management International Standards. Our approach is based on the use of recycled materials in our floor coverings and ensuring that the finished product is suitable for recycling if required.
Our continued product innovation focuses on reducing our environmental impact and complying with environmental legislation and recognized certifications worldwide. Our aim is to remain the leading supplier of LVT flooring and to have a market-leading environmental record of achievement through the development of sustainable products and processes.