Cleaning and Maintenance
One of the benefits of Karndean Designflooring is the straight-forward cleaning and maintenance regime.
Karndean Designflooring doesn't trap dirt like many natural and fabric materials. We treat all our products with the K-Guard+ system. K Guard+ uses Polyeurethane (PU) technology to ensure that there is no need to apply an additional surface treatment following installation. It also works as a barrier against scuff marks, stains and fine scratches for the coming years.
Cleaning after installation
- Remove all loose debris from the floor using a vacuum, soft sweeping brush or dust mop.
- Ensure that all dry adhesive is removed from the surface
- Use a damp mop with the recommended Karndean Routine Cleaner, (dilute as applicable) or a PH neutral cleaner and leave to dry
The commercial cleaning and maintenance regime is simple and can be carried out by hand or using mechanical cleaning apparatus.
- Vacuum, soft sweeping brush or mop to remove all dust and loose debris
- Use a damp mop with the recommended Karndean Routine Cleaner. Only use propriety floor cleaning products. Do not use bleach based products or washing up liquid
- Stubborn stains can be removed by spot cleaning with recommended Karndean Routine Cleaner or Bassic Stripper
- Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items e.g. furniture. Place non-rubber mattings on entrances. Mop up spillages quickly to prevent stains.
- Mop up spillages as soon as possibel to prevent spots becoming stains. Use Karndean Refresh Hard Floor Protector should ensure better protetion from most substances.
- Use only Karndean cleaning products. Other products may conatin agents that can damage resilient floor surfaces