Karndean Designflooring has always aimed to make stylish and durable floors with the lowest possible impact on the environment. As the leading global supplier of luxury vinyl, we are committed to improving our manufacturing processes to ensure sustainability while delivering best value.
Environmentally Responsible Manufacturing
At Karndean Designflooring, our mission is to provide the best quality product, delivering on style, durability and performance, with the lowest possible impact on the environment. We are committed to environmental and social practices throughout the product life cycle, and ensure recycled materials are used where possible. We pride ourselves on environmental awareness in the supply and maintenance of our products worldwide.
- All Karndean Designflooring products and accessories are manufactured in factories certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard and ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- Our planks and tiles contribute to improved indoor air quality, carrying a low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) FloorScore certification, meeting LEED Credit 4.3 and CAL 01350
- Our products are manufactured ortho-phthalate free, using alternative plasticizers that can be used for more sensitive product applications, including toys, medical equipment and food packaging
- Our packaging is made using recycled material, which we continually review to ensure that it is environmentally friendly and fit for purpose
- We use individual logistical solutions to efficiently and effectively transport our products. Our shipping partners at FedEx and Advanced Shipping Technologies participate in the FedEx EarthSmart initiative and SmartWay program, respectively
- Our three distribution centers use high density racking to maximize capacity and minimize impact
- Our offices are actively engaged in innovative energy-saving techniques, including daylight harvesting lights, skylights, LED lighting and recycling programs
- All our products qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) v4 points in the USA
- All our adhesives are solvent-free and have low VOC emissions
The table below describes the applicable credit criteria
|LEED System||Applicable Category and LEED Credit Name|
|NC||EQ4.3, Low Emitting Materials - Flooring Systems|
|EB||MR3, Sustainable Purchasing - Facility Alterations|
|H||MR2, Environmentally Preferable Products|
Accreditations and Affiliations
For more information or to view our Full Environmental Product Declaration (EPD), visit the Karndean Commercial website.