Please make sure flooring materials are removed from packaging at least 48 hours prior to installation, (tiles and planks may be stacked, but must be rested flat) and allowed to condition in the room where the installation is to take place. Room temperature should be kept between 18-27°C / 64-81°F. To achieve a more natural look to your floor, we recommend that the product in this box is shuffled before installation.
All subfloors should be solid, smooth, sound, clean, dry and dust-free in line with BS8203 before Palio Clic flooring is installed.
Products must be installed only on subfloors with a moisture level below 75% when tested with a hygrometer or according to your country's standard. If hygrometer readings are above 75%RH it is necessary to install a surface damp proof membrane (DPM).
An underlayment is not required for installation but can be used if additional sound insulation is required. If underlay is used, it must be less than 2mm thick.
Palio Clic should be installed with an empty expansion gap of 5 mm (0.2") around the perimeter of the room and all fixed objects,0 including pipes. Where the flooring run exceeds 15 metres (50ft) in width or length insert a 5mm (0.2") expansion joint, then repeat evert 15 metres (50ft) thereafter. Skirting boards may be removed and door frames undercut to allow for possible expansion, if required. Plank products should be installed with staggered joints, at a distance of at least 100mm (4"). Tiled products should be installed broken bond to give the floor maximum stability and enhance the aesthetics of the floor.
Do not use Palio Clic in rooms that are exposed to large temperature fluctuations.
For a successful installation the following tools will be necessary – rubber mallet, utility knife, wall spacers, carpenters square, hand roller (optional), pull bar.
1. Install the first tile or plant with the tongue side facing the wall, fit 5mm spacers between the plank and the wall.
2. Lay the first row, ensuring the short edges are clicked together.
3. Cut the last piece of the row to size making sure that there is a 5mm (0.2") gap between the end of the row and the wall.
4. Start the second row by clicking the tongue into the groove holding the tile or plank at an angle (approximately 30”), then push the tile or plank firmly into the groove of the first row.
5. For the next tile or plank by clicking the tongue and groove together along the short edge. Ease the tongue and groove together on the long side by angling the tiles/planks together. Continue to fit the tiles/planks across the room until the row is complete. We recommend using a rubber mallet and an off-cut of the product or a hand roller to securely fix the tiles/planks together. A pull bar can be used to pull the product together around the edges of the room.
6. Repeat section 4 and 5 until the installation is complete
7. Once the floor is completed, remove the spacers; sweep the floor with a soft brush. Fix the skirting boards or suitable edge trim to cover the expansion gaps. These should be fixed to the wall and not the floor.
Taking care of your floor