Floor cleaning hints and tips
Karndean Designflooring is easy to clean and maintain. Here are some helpful hints and tips to help you protect and maintain your Karndean floor for many years to come.
- Mop up spills as soon as possible, using Karndean Clean, to reduce the risk of staining
- For stubborn stains, spot clean with undiluted Karndean Clean or Karndean Remove
- Use entrance mats to protect against grit and moisture (ensure they are non rubber-backed to prevent any discoloration of the floor)
- Avoid sliding or dragging furniture or other objects across the floor - use the floor protector pads included in the Floor Care Kit, to prevent scratching
- Use load bearing castors to protect against indentation from heavy furniture
- Regularly sweep the floor to remove loose dirt or grit as these can cause fine scratches (if using a vacuum or steam mop, please check the manufacturer's guidelines to make sure they're suitable for Karndean)
- Avoid the use of regular household cleaners and bleach-based detergents. These could make the floor slippery or cause discoloration.
Karndean Floor Care Kits can be purchased from your nearest retailer.
For further tips and advice, visit our floor cleaning frequently asked questions page or download our Floor Care Guide.