KARNDEAN INTERNATIONAL, LLC ("KARNDEAN")
"Pin It to Win It!"
OFFICAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS ("OFFICIAL RULES")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS AND RETURN THEM WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS FROM DATE OF ISSUANCE OF NOTIFICATION, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO KARNDEAN (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility: Karndean’s Pin It to Win It! Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who (a) are at least eighteen (18) years old and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry, (b) physically reside in one (1) of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, and (c) own their principal residence in which the Prize (as such term is hereinafter defined) will be installed. Employees of Karndean, Pinterest, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated entities, suppliers are not eligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Karndean's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Karndean International, LLC, 1100 Pontiac Court, Bushy Run Corporate Park, Export Pennsylvania 15632 ("Karndean").
3. Timing: Contest begins on September 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM CST and ends at 11:59 PM CST on September 30, 2012 (the "Contest Period").
4. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, you must have or create a Pinterest account to participate. Create a Pinterest board (the "Board") following the site’s instructions and title your Board "MyKarndean." Pin your Board with fabrics, furniture, lighting and accessories, as well as your favorite Karndean floor; you must have a Karndean Floor from www.Karndean.com on your Board in order to be eligible to win the Contest. To enter your Board in the Contest, send an email including a link to your MyKarndean Board, your location and name, email and telephone to email@example.com. You may continue to update and make changes to your Board after you have posted the link, provided such updates and changes are made prior to the end of the Contest Period.
Each participant may receive a maximum of one (1) entry during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified in Karndean's sole discretion. Entries that are forged, altered, incomplete, garbled, or generated by a macro or with intent to subvert the entry process will not be accepted and are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any web site (other than Pintrest.com) or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria for this Contest. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries must be received by Karndean during the Contest Period or they will be void. For purposes of this Contest, an entry is received when the Board is created using a valid Pinterest account, the title of such Board includes "MyKarndean" and an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including (i) a link to your MyKarndean Board, (ii) your location, (iii) your name, (iv) email and (v) telephone. Any proof of creating, populating or titling the Board does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry. The email time stamp on Karndean's email server will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
5. Judging Criteria: An entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and Pinterest’s Terms of Service (available at http://pinterest.com/about/terms/), and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
The winner will be selected by an independent panel of 5 judges using the following criteria: Overall effectiveness of the Board, the theme, color palette, general creativity, and how closely the combination of items reflects the Karndean Designflooring brand.
Judging determinations are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. The judging panel will be comprised of five Karndean employees including the Global Marketing Strategy Director, Global Creative Services Manager, Global Social Media Specialist, US Marketing Manager and US Social Media Representative. Karndean reserves the right to select and appoint alternate judges at any time, at its sole discretion.
6. Prize: The winner of the Contest will receive a Karndean floor valued at $3,500.00, which amount includes the price of the flooring, the cost of professional installation from a licensed Karndean installer and any preparation required for installation of the floor ("the Prize"). No alternative prize is available. The Prize is not transferable. The contest will take place under the supervision of Karndean. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. The winner must take installation of the Prize within three (3) months of the end of the end of the Contest. In the event that the winner fails to take installation of the prize during such three (3) month period, the winner will forfeit the Prize.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by telephone or email, at Karndean’s discretion, within 7 days after judging has been completed. The winner agrees that Karndean may publish photos of the winner's room before and after the Prize has been installed, as well as allow Karndean to interview the winner for Karndean's promotional use and without further consideration paid to the winner. If the winner is found to be ineligible or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the winner may also be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize winner will be determined. If the winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
8. Verification/Odds: Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
The winner of the Prize is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if applicable, associated with Prize receipt and/or use. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent by the winner is permitted except as otherwise stated herein. Karndean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. This is a game of skill dependent on the number of entries and the skill of the entrants. Therefore, odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries and the skill of the entries received during the Contest Period. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the Prize, except in Karndean's sole discretion.
9. Board Requirements: Any photo, image or other content pinned to a Board that, in Karndean’s sole and absolute discretion, (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) includes anti-social content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials, or address, phone number, or URL address; (iv) does not meet the requirements outlined in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website; or (v) is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Board. Each entrant grants to Karndean and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, sublicensees, agents and representatives a worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, transmit, publish, edit, exhibit, disseminate, display, reproduce, create derivative works from and use in any way, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, each submitted Board, and any reproductions or derivative works thereof, through any and all manners, formats or media now known or hereafter devised (including on the Contest Website and other websites owned or controlled by Karndean, its affiliates or anyone acting on Karndean’s authority), for any and all lawful purposes, and agrees to execute documents, instruments or agreements confirming such right and license (as further defined in section 9 below) at Karndean’s reasonable request. Any Board deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Karndean’s sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified. By entering, the entrant understands that his/her Board may be posted online, in Karndean’s sole and absolute discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. Karndean has the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a Board qualifies as an entry. Any Board not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the Contest Website’s requirements will be disqualified.
10. Release: Entrant hereby waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to Karndean’s use of the Board he or she submitted. Entrant hereby represents and warrants to Karndean that the Board does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other right of any third party nor violate any applicable law, rule or regulation, and such entrant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Karndean harmless from and against any and all third party claims for intellectual property infringement or from and against any claim arising from or relating to Karndean’s use of the Board. Entrant hereby waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Board or to be compensated for any such uses. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to Karndean's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Karndean, Pinterest, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claims, damages, attorneys' fees, costs of litigation and settlement or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest, receipt or installation of the Prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility and will not be liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Parties, the entrant, or by human error: lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, garbled or illegible entries; technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or unavailable network or Internet service provider connections; failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest.
11. General Conditions: Karndean reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Karndean's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Karndean in its sole discretion. Karndean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Karndean reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Karndean's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Miscellaneous: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize Acceptance Documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the Prize Acceptance Documents is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Karndean's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof.
14. Winner List: A winner’s list will be available at www.Karndean.com within a reasonable time after the close of the Contest. In addition, the winner’s list is also available by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope marked "Winner’s List" to Karndean International (USA), LLC, 1100 Pontiac Court, Bushy Run Corporate Park, Export, PA 15632.