Karndean Designflooring (Karndean International Pty Ltd) is a market leading distributor of luxury design flooring. We are aware that the activities of our company have an impact on the environment and we are committed to seeking to manage our impacts through the operation of our Environmental Management System.
The majority of Karndean Designflooring ranges are fully certified to GreenRate Level A under the scrutiny of the New Zealand Green Building Council, which is an ACCC approved certification mark recognised for all commercial and home floor coverings. A GreenTag Level A means you will receive the full 100% eco credits to apply towards Green Building Stars for your project.
Global GreenTag is a 3rd party multi-criteria rating and Ecolabel system and you can download Karndean Designflooring GreenTag certificates HERE.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our activities, preventing pollution and achieving continual improvement in our environmental performance by:
- Openly addressing the environmental risks of the work we carry out and identifying and managing the environmental risks associated with our work on an ongoing basis;
- Setting and reviewing annual environmental objectives and targets, and monitoring performance;
- As a minimum complying with applicable environmental legislation and other requirements relevant to our operations;
- Maintaining certification to the ISO14001:2004 management standard and carrying out regular internal and external audits to ensure good performance and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Working with our sub-contractors, designers and suppliers to improve their awareness of environmental issues and associated performance;
- Reducing the environmental impacts of our premises by adopting reasonable controls for preventing air, ground, water or noise pollution and keeping sites clean and tidy;
- Training employees and promoting environmental awareness and commitment.
The Managing Director is responsible to the Group Chief Executive for ensuring compliance with the Company policy and reviewing performance within his operating unit.