Karndean and the Environment
We pride ourselves on environmental awareness in the supply and maintenance of all its products worldwide. We are fully aware of our duty to act responsibly and continue to monitor and improve our products and processes to further reduce our impact on the environment. We are committed to the continual improvement of our manufacturing and logistical processes to ensure sustainability and best value for our customers and stakeholders alike.
- All our flooring products use recycled PVC, some of our products contain over 50% recycled content.
- The manufacturing process for the polymer in our LVT has a much lower energy requirement than that of other plastics.
- All our manufacturing waste is recycled in a closed loop process at source.
- All our flooring is suitable for recycling.
- LVT has a generic Building Research Establishment (BRE) Greenguide rating of A/A+.
- All our packaging is made using recycled material, which we continually review to ensure that it is environmentally friendly and fit for purpose.
- We use individual logistical solutions to efficiently and effectively transport our products.
- Our storage facilities use high density racking to maximise capacity and minimise impact.
- Our offices are introducing innovative energy saving techniques, including motion sensitive lighting, low energy bulbs and waterless urinals.
- We are members of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) and the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
- All of our products qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points in the USA.
All of our products are manufactured in factories certified to the ISO 14001 environmental standard and ISO 9001 quality standard. Our policy toward all suppliers of accessory products is to help them achieve ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 within a finite time frame, or to seek alternative suppliers.
Low Emitting Products
Some of our products carry a low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) test certificate from the US Greenguard Environmental Institute and meets the ‘for use with Children and Schools’ standard, specifically LEED Credit 4.3 and CAL 1350. All of our adhesives are water based, solvent-free and have low VOC emissions.
Cleaning and maintenance
Karndean’s K Guard Plus protection is applied to our flooring to protect and make it easier to clean. Products in Karndean’s floor care range are 100% biodegradable.