Cleaning and Maintenance
Our floors have no grime and dirt traps, unlike many of the materials it faithfully replicates. Our K Guard + system defends against those damages that can easily spoil the look of traditional floorings.
Maintaining our floors is polish-free, greatly reducing both chemical and water usage (making it more environment friendly) compared to traditional maintenance routines.
K Guard +
Karndean’s surface protection system, K Guard +, uses PU technology to ensure that there is no need to apply an additional surface treatment following installation. It also works as a barrier against scuff marks, stains and fine scratches.
Cleaning after installation
Avoid walking on your new floor until the adhesive has dried. After it has dried, you should:
- Remove all loose debris from the floor using a vacuum, brush or dust mop
- Ensure that all dry adhesive is removed from the surface
- Damp mop with a pH neutral detergent
Vacuum, sweep or mop to remove all dust and loose debris. Damp mop with a neutral detergent. Stubborn stains can be removed by spot cleaning with a concentrated pH neutral detergent and a kitchen non abrasive scouring pad.
Please do not use cleaning products that contain bleach or other household chemicals as they could make your floor unsafe and/or damage the floor. Order your floor care kit from our retailers for everything you need for a simple cleaning routine.
Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items across the floor. Place non-rubber mattings on furntiture legs that is touching the floor. Mop up spillages as soon as possible to prevent stains.
Applying a new coating
Depending on how heavily the floor is used, if at any time there is a need to revitalize the floor this can be done using a specialized floor coating.
Apply Karndean's coating by following these steps:
- Vacuum, sweep or dry mop to remove all dust and loose debris
- Use the Karndean stripper (diluted as applicable) to strip off all grease and ingrained dirt
- Rinse the floor well
- Apply 2 to 3 thin coats of Refresh allowing each coating to be fully dry before the next coat is applied
- Do a routine maintenance cleaning