Cleaning and Maintenance
One of the benefits of Karndean Designflooring is the straight-forward cleaning and maintenance regime.
Karndean Designflooring doesn't trap dirt like many natural and fabric materials. We treat all our products with an enhanced surface coating. This is a simple Pu (polyeurethane) coating that helps to defends against scuffing and scratching. It also means that the floor does not need to be sealed after installation.
Karndean uses PU technology to ensure that there is no need to apply an additional surface treatment following installation. It also works as a barrier against scuff marks, stains and fine scratches for the coming years.
Cleaning after installation
1. Remove all loose debris from the floor using a vacuum, brush or dust mop (if using a vacuum, please check the manufacturer's guidelines to make sure it's suitable for Karndean).
2. Ensure that all dry adhesive is removed from the surface.
3. Damp mop with a pH neutral detergent (we recommend our Karndean Clean) or if machine cleaning (<450rpm) use a 3M red pad (or equivalent) or scrubber dryer to clean the floor.
The commercial cleaning and maintenance regime is simple and can be carried out by hand or using mechanical cleaning apparatus.
1.Vacuum, sweep or mop to remove all dust and loose debris (if using a vacuum, please check the manufacturer's guidelines to make sure it's suitable for Karndean).
2. Damp mop with a neutral detergent or if machine cleaning (<450rpm) use a 3M red pad (or equivalent) or scrubber dryer to clean the floor.
3. Stubborn stains can be removed by spot cleaning with concentrated neutral detergent and a 3M red pad (or equivalent).
Avoid dragging or sliding heavy items of furniture, carousels and point of sale across the floor.
It is important when designing and during installation that the appropriate entrance matting systems are used.
Most manufacturers recommend a total of six paces, though this of course is dependant on the application and the space available. At the very least we recommend a non-rubber back matting.
Mop up spillages quickly to prevent stains.